Outside of working here with my clients at The Stratford Perth Centre For Business, I am a writer.I’ve been a published writer for four years now. One of the very first things Idid when I had my first book launch, was buy my domain and hire a web designer to create my website. I was so happy with it and fell instantly in love. Having a contemporary website as an author was unique and still is. So, it was extra-important that I have a website that helped my writing stand out in such a crowded market.
So, for a couple of years, all was well. My website needed the occasional tweak, and I was able to muddle through. I was blogging and understanding Wordpress SEO, kind of. But then, things started to need some serious overhauls and my developer had grown her business to the point that now booking her time was going to cost me a small fortune.
In the meantime, I was working on helping clients through the same problem, but using templated websites. I started out using Wix, but quickly became dissatisfied with its limitations. I moved on to Squarespace and haven’t looked back. Personally, I’ve built five Squarespace websites and am about to make the huge move to Squarespace for my author page. Here are the reasons why.
1. I can make changes on my own. Yes, I used to fumble through these, but help was just aYouTube video away. Not once did I need to pay someone to help me make changes, saving me both time and money.
2. The templates do all the heavy lifting for you. Squarespace has around 100templates now, so there is definitely something for everyone. The hardest decision you need to make is which template to choose. Once you make that choice, it’s drag and drop and design.
3. Low cost of entry. Websites with Squarespace start at just $12USD per month. This is a completely manageable line item in any small business’s budget.
4. Full-service web building at your fingertips. From trend-setting, responsive sites, toe-commerce options, email integrations, analytics and more, this platform offers everything you’ll need to grow your business without the need for plug-in after plug-in.
5. Making huge design changes is a simple template switch. I recently wanted an entire website overhaul. I was able to complete it in a weekend…on my own! You can build your new design behind the scenes, while your current website stays live and responsive.
So, those are my top 5reasons. There’s a pile more, but I’ll stop here as these are the major reasons why I love it. I want to hear from you. If you’re a Squarespace user, why do you love it?
Want to learn how to build your very own Squarespace site? We’re hosting a FREE Squarespace workshop with an afternoon of SEO building secrets for business owners. We’re even throwing in lunch hosted by the St Mary’s Golf and Country Club in beautiful StMarys.
We only have 50 seats and we’re nearly sold out. Reserve your spot today!